
I found this moth at daddies in the window it was dead. I took it and put it on my rose bush and took some pictures.
did some research and found my moth.
Luna Moths only live for about 1 week. Guess that's why you find so many dead.
and they are found on door and windows. strange huh.
6 comments:
That's funny! I did the same thing a few months ago with a yellow butterfly.
I know Andrea had a moth...when I saw this one it had got under the plastic on the window.....
I think these moths are very fragile cause you see a lot of them dead.
I've been watching a reddish orange butterfly I wish I could get a picture of it but it doesn't sit still...
I have also been waiting and watching a woodpecker maybe I will catch it.....
I will look back over and see if I find the butterfly.
I remember Dot poseing a dead butterfly a while back. You cheaters! LOL
My butterfly or moth, whatever it is called was alive. Someone made the comment why was it on the ground. Maybe it had taken its last flight? But it was still alive when I took that picture.
When I did the research on them it said that it was rare to find one alive....So yours was a rare find......
I guess cause they come out at night people don't see them in flight....I have saw them before but it's been a long time.....
I think it takes about 3 weeks for the to come out of the cocoon then they might live a week.....
LOL didn't mean to cheat LOL
Mine was taken at Relay for Life so it was late....close to midnight when we found it.
Post a Comment