Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My weed for the day LOL






Found out this was called sour grass.....we use to chew this LOL.....It was bitter sweet I can still remember it.....
it blooms a little yellow flower, I guess I never realized that the leaves are heart shaped.....Amazing what you find through the lens of a camera.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

I do not recall seeing a heart shaped leaf around. Interesting.

my little corner said...

They have always been this weed in our yard. Today I saw it growing around the swing set I will try to remember to take a picture of the bloom...
It might be billy goat grass..... but I was thinking monkey grass.
I'm sure y'all have it in your yard too...it's like 3 leaves like clover but the leaves are heart shaped. I never really paid any attention to the leaf shape until the blog made look for different pictures and I have to be real created since I stay so close to home.lol

dot said...

I recognized it right off but I didn't realize the leaves were heart shaped. Now I'll be looking for some. We always called it sour grass. I want a chew! lol. My husband has a fit if he seems me grab a plant and put it in my mouth. There was another plant we chewed as kids that tasted like cloves smell. I haven't seen it in this area.

my little corner said...

LOL Dot I have chewed a lot of this and I was tempted to try it today LOL....

The other one we use to chew had a purple bloom we use to chew the bloom.....

Do you remember sucking on a honeysuckle bloom, just think how much pollen we ate LOL

dot said...

Yes, the honey suckle are great! I'm going to look for sour grass today when I walk.

my little corner said...

Dot did u find u some sour grass?

Andrea did u look for some?

And Dot did u take a chew? LOL

dot said...

First I chewed some clover that was real tiny. lol. No taste. Then I found the sour grass and chewed it but it didn't have any taste either. I know it was sour grass. Maybe I didn't get a big enough chew. The thought just came to me that I got it out of the yard and the dog pees all over out there. YUCKKKKKKKK.